Saturday, November 22, 2008

Can't Wait to Kiss

Sleepy, vaguely overwrought, listening to a love song, thinking of you. Feeling like I’m in a tunnel, and you’re the light at the end of it, the blueness of the sky, infinity and more. I think I could disappear in you, I’m afraid to disappear in you. Everything’s so simple, really. It’s been ages since I believed in anything, I’ve been a pragmatic and intellectual lover, and I’m just ready to fall again.

So, I’m looking for you. I see you in every face that passes by already. When you stop and smile, I’ll be ready and waiting, and I’ll fall off the side of the Earth again. My friends will be exasperated, they always are. They had such high hopes that I’d stick around and talk about sex or whatever, instead of running off to somewhere completely God-forsaken and gazing into your eyes, or shivering down my spine, holding hands and everything else.

When I find you, and maybe you are already here, I will give you this letter, and you won’t laugh, you’ll understand, and we’ll marvel at how psychic I am.

So, if I am pathetic, too bad. This is how I’ve always been, my whole personality is formed in relation to love, in wait for YOU. And we’ll have at least a solid two years before everything goes down the tube, so why not?

Can’t wait to kiss you.

Love,
Chris.


No comments:

Post a Comment