Friday, September 28, 2007

An Open Letter


I write this to you now because I know that you will read this. Behind every single emotion and every drive comes an excitement, and I want to share with you this excitement. I want to tell you so many things! For example, today I saw a movie that was really, really cheesy, and it was supposed to be scary... yet, I feel like I should look behind me every five seconds. Weird, huh? I wonder, do you love these cheesy movies?

Looking out my window, I can see every single star that is visible to the naked eye, and I cannot help but wonder from where you are looking at them, or even if you are looking at them. By the calendar, we're approaching a time in which I'll share with you, laugh with you, smile with you and love... yet, I’m being held back. I wish I could say that I am waiting for you, but I can’t. I’ve prayed to God that everything will be done according to His will, and I know it’s all going along as He plans. That is why I say I don’t wait for you. I long to smile your smile and to cry your tears, but we both know we're not ready. I am being prepared, aren’t you proud of me? I am proud of what is being done with us! See, we are blindfolded, yet we are willing to go out and run a race! And I want you to know that I’m running as best as I can! You know what? I’m constantly being tempted, but I won’t give in! It’s too easy to quit now! I know I’m running this race ‘til the end, and I know that you are too! So why quit now? I won’t give it away because that moment has already been set aside for me with you. I know that they'll try to end my dream, but I know that my dream lives within me. Speaking of dreams, did you know that I’ve dreamt about you? Yes, I have! No, I still can’t see you, but you know what? I feel you, and I sense you. I’ve seen you sitting on my bed looking back at me. I’ve seen you courageously take a step of faith as tears come to my eyes. I am behind you ‘til the end. I know that a light shines down into me and you. I’ve seen these things. I want to tell you these things! With songs that pass by, I get chills and I embrace the excitement that lunges me in this forward motion! I’m close, and so are you! Do I know you yet? I don’t know. Do you know me? I don’t know, but what I do know is that our time is not right. But you know what? I’m not worried! I’m excited and happy beyond my words allow me to say! My stage of polishing is just so that the polisher can see His reflection! And as I cross individual stages, I know I come closer to you. So, my dear, I just want you to know that I know. I don’t wait because we've already been chosen. Nevertheless, I need to prepare myself. No matter what they say, no matter what may distract me, no matter who may discourage me...

No comments:

Post a Comment