Friday, October 26, 2007

You Gotta Have....


I'm going to talk about the power of prayer. Why? Well, cause I'm reading this book called "The Prayer Of Jabez" and it's very interesting. It talks about how when we pray, we should pray because we want something and because we have faith it'll happen. Not just to pray because you say, "God, I hope my mom doesnt find out that I got a tattoo..." heh. Although, I DO remember making that prayer. HAH.


Anyways.. but seriously, a prayer of faith. Why faith? Well, because faith without works is dead. Meaning, if you don't believe that something will happen, and it happens, you'll say "OH. WOW. It happened. I can't believe it happened." Kind of like this job interview I'm going in for on Tuesday. I'm praying for it because it's the job that I want and I know I'll get it because... well, because, why wouldn't God want the best for me and give me that job that I've been praying for every single time I get the chance to think about it? The best part? My faith that I'll get the job will constitute the praise and thanks that I will give to God because I got the job. That's how it works people.

Prayer, something that is taken for granted nowadays, is a very powerful tool. Actually, the MOST powerful tool you have. So... why not use it to your advantage? Just put all doubt out of your head, trust and have faith, ask, and it will be given to you.

You know what's amazing with prayers? Even though at times they don't come true, they give me a sense of security. It feels exactly like talking to a parent (in this case, God). So pwede ka mag labas ng sama ng loob sa kanya, and basically just talk. I've learned that God is, first and foremost, a Father. He wants nothing but the best for us. :)

Pretty simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment