Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The vulnerability of those moments that can make legendary men out of boys

I don't have to say this for anyone to really ponder about it, but LIFE is just so amazing by the way things happen, right? I mean, sheesh. one minute you’re thinking one thing and the next-POW! You've got something else coming to you. Needless to say, the recent turnaround of events in my life have more than made me think about which road I'm heading down. Things happen so unexpectedly and I've noticed that the more immune you become to the amazing phenomenon that is LIFE, the more likely you are to become comforted in your set ways. Then, when life happens to you and you're caught off guard, you either run with it or you run away. Well, I think that for the first time in my life I am not going to run away. The problems I have gotten myself into up to now, I alone have gotten myself into them. The great memories and joys that I’ve experienced up to now, I alone have been the one to access those moments.

So what do I run from, you ask? The vulnerability of those moments that can make legendary men out of boys.

I woke up one day immensely troubled by my self inflicted restraints that I decided to let go of it all and just follow my heart and those dreams I once had as a kid. After trying so hard to make my life for the past few years, I've finally decided to let LIFE make me the only way I can be made.

It goes back to my theory of the little boy and his first time at the beach. He is so amazed and intrigued by the whole of it and so he goes to grab a handful of sand to keep. But, he notices that the stronger his grip is on the sand in his hand, the faster it starts slipping through his fingers. He doesn't understand it, so he keeps trying to grab more and more handfuls with stronger grips and each time, same effect. He finally realizes that the beauty of it is that letting the sand sit still in your hands can go a lot further than trying to keep it to yourself. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment