Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Alternate Editor

So this is how I work on Holy Week. Less work, more pay, what can you ask for? (A real job). Anyway, I am now an official dead weight in the office. Maybe not dead weight, more like an “alternate.” Ladies and gentlemen, I’m an editor, an “alternate” editor. I do the stuff I monotonously do, then get lost somewhere, may it be watching videos in Veoh, listening to music, or reading an article about painless suicide. I won’t initiate doing any other tasks than that, unless forced to. I’m not a bad employee, though. If they tell me to do something, I’ll make the best I can. I’m not gonna try to make an impression, good or bad, although the latter is made once in a while. I want them to think of me as, um, a robotic, procedural device who does nothing other than what’s programmed. Nice.

But seriously, I just want to say that I’m not enjoying work lately and I wish I can be somewhere else, where it’s fun and I can do something I’m actually good at, that interests me, and still pays as good. Any suggestions? I'm a serious taker. *grins*


No comments:

Post a Comment