Thursday, November 8, 2007

THIS IS THE FINAL BEAT OF MY DRUM. READ AND COMPREHEND.

The days grow shorter and the nights grow longer, not because I’m missing someone, but because it returns. The emptiness I find in my bed at night tells me that I’m not holding on to the wheel anymore. My brain speaks a thousand languages and goes through a listing of pros and cons on every single angle and perspective of my life. Yes, you’re back. You once ruled over me, yet I vowed to never let you rule again. I’ve gained strength since your absence, yes, I’ve gained knowledge too. I’ve confided in many greater things, many of which are invisible to the naked eye. These things become the wind beneath my wings, the catalyst for motion in a direction well known to you, but never controlled by you. Yes, I’m out of your reach, or so I think.

Once again, I find myself swimming in that ocean only to wake up lost in my bed. Once again, I find myself being taken back to exact minutes, exact days, exact songs, exact aromas of an exact time in which I stood with one fist in the air and another holding on to the truth. I don’t walk in your halls anymore, I don’t seek for answers from you anymore, I don’t even remember you. I wear the shirts of a protest against you, I seek to exploit you and cause an uprising. Success is inevitable, so you hit where it hurts. Down, down, down, down I fall... into a deep unknown, where I will never learn the delight of my own security. Whereas I once envied you, I then loved you... and I’ve turned to hate you. I know now more than ever what you bring, and I will not let your venom destroy me. Save your pawns for the weak, they do you no good against me. She doesn’t surprise me, nor does she wrap me around her finger... is that the best you've got? C'mon, seriously, is that the best you can come with?


No, no, no, no.

You forget who I am. You remember only who I was, where I was, and when I was. The shadow of your own corruption creeps up and cloaks your senses, making you unaware of the strength I carry. Your game is no longer welcome. Your hold is not strong enough. Nunca lo sera, it never will be. Can you destroy something you can’t see and touch? Can your lies and deceit deviate a path that is already maintained by a strenuous gait? I don’t aim to please your thoughts. I don’t want your offers. Keep them to yourself. Once, twice, you have been removed. Thrice comes with power and authority, two things to make you fall. In loss of sleep you may have me. In loss of emotions, you may keep me, but you cannot win in your silent corruption. Soon enough, soon. I hear that sound...

See, the river still flows. And now, guess what? It flows stronger, and the stronger and fresher it flows, the more you want in. Well, you can kill the fish that swim in the river, you can destroy the rocks that form the characteristics of the river, you can even attempt to deviate the flow of the river, but you can NEVER stop this new flow. Beats are drummed to this river's flow, eyes are opened, and now... well, now feet are marching in support of the flow. Look around, see if you like something. Enjoyable, isn't it? Yeah, as my grandfather used to tell me, "Look, but don’t touch." You stroke me the right way, you throw me your tight game, and now you’re "in". Smile now, cry later because your abyss tells stories in which you'll soon crawl and scratch. You see those eyes looking at you? They don’t see your eyes looking back. You called it before you got it. Victory... sweet, sweet victory. You almost have it. You can taste it. You can see it. You can hear it.... and you want to feel it. Te quedastes con las ganas! Your salivation will taste of me and it'll remind you of your hunger for me, because... maybe, just maybe, you can catch me. Maybe you can grab me. Maybe you can pin me.

In the midst of your confusion, I run forth to the beat of my drum. Drum, drum, drum... drum, drum, drum.... drum, drum, drum... drum.



No comments:

Post a Comment