Thursday, December 6, 2007

I WONDER WHY PURE TRUE LOVE IS FEW AND FAR BETWEEN NOWADAYS?


I was hanging the other day and I noticed something very, very special. There is a new guy that lives in the same street, and he's a really cool guy. The first day I got the chance to talk to him, we sat there and talked for a while, and I got to know a lot about him. The most interesting part about it is when he began to tell me the story of him and his wife. In addition to his story about his wife was a lunch that his wife had prepared him.


Now, I’m not one to sit there and talk for hours and end about romance and all that cute stuff... but then again, YES, I AM. It all started when I questioned his huge lunchbox. I mean, the guy had everything in there. Chips, sandwich, rice and ulam, snack, little chocolates.......... and a note. So, he pulls out the note and reads it while we're talking.

"Snacks and Chips @ 03:30 xoxoxoxo"
(meaning, don’t eat his snacks yet!)

Heh. I told him, "Aww... how cute," and gave him a big sarcastic smile. So, he starts telling me about his wife. She's a Vizayan woman about 2 years older than him, he's 31 and she's 33. He met her one day while he was working and she happened to see him. She was too shy to say anything though, and so she had her friend leave him a note that said, "If you’re not married, call XXX-XXXX". And so he did. He thought about it.. but he did. They dated for about a year and decided to get married. Two years dating, they got married. They've now been married for almost a year.... and still running strong. I swear, it’s so cute.... it’s....... CUTE. Ergh.

The other day, he had another big lunch with another cute note. He called his wife on the speaker phone so I will hear her!! *SIGH* So sweet !!!! *SIGH* Any who, while on the phone with her, he asks her about a cheesecake snack that she put in his lunchbox. Apparently, the snack came in a little box with a tray and on the outside, it said, "Spoon Inside!" .... yet, there was no spoon. So, he sat there and explained to his wife that there was no spoon. They talked about it for a good 5 minutes.

THEY TALKED ON THE PHONE FOR 5 MINUTES ABOUT A SPOON MISSING FROM A CHEESECAKE SNACK.

Does anyone see what I see here? I smiled to myself and thought, "Wow. That’s awesome." Why? Well, how cool is that? To have someone so close to you that knows every detail about your life, you know theirs, and you can talk about the little things in the life you SHARE. I thought that was simply amazing. I mean, think about it. You can sit there and talk to that person before going to sleep at night, sharing every detail of your day, and falling asleep to the smell of their body right next to yours. WOW. He even went on to tell me how much more of an amazing woman she is. She packs his lunch, does his laundry, the whole nine yards. Now, now, now, I know what some of you females out there are thinking... "IT’S NOT THE WOMAN'S JOB TO DO THAT!!", and all that feminist movement stuff will come in somewhere. But you know what? I kind of like the way things were back in the days of our older folks. I mean, this woman is from Vizaya and she was raised with different morals and values, which is very cool and quite opposite to ours here in the Metro. I mean, a girl here would probably say, "HELL NO! DO YOUR OWN DAMN LAUNDRY!! AND WHY DONT YOU PACK ME A LUNCH??" See the difference? Whatever happened to the thought of the loving and caring wife? Sheesh.

Anywho, that wasn’t the point of that. The point was, it made me think about my future and what I hope for in this lifetime.

Just the other night, I was talking to an amazing girl whose way of thinking has impressed me much.... and the "caring" side that she shows... WOW. Of course, this is usually what happens when you first meet someone. You kind of have to go with the flow to find out what people are like. My point though is that I know what I want. And... well, the guy’s story was very motivating. I mean, at some point in the future, I want to be able to come home to a loving and caring wife. And heck, maybe even some kids. Err... in the future that is. *Ahem* FUTURE *ahem* Someone who'll leave me little notes here and there even if she doesn’t pack my lunch.... you know? I’m not all about the big wedding and all that jazz. I'd rather have a fun and exciting and heart-filled wedding and then take off on a honeymoon! Heh.

Anyways. Its nice to dream. I swear, I LIVE in the movies. Anyone seen "The Family Man" with Nicolas Cage??? Great movie. And that is exactly what I would like. Maybe it’s naive of me.... but I still believe in the power of love and never settling for whatever comes along. Sharing your dreams and goals for the rest of your life with someone who encourages them and supports you, as well as shares the same dreams as you.... well, that is not just found in fairy tales or movies. No, sir. And you know what? I may be a dreamer and a hopeless romantic, but I’ll hold on to this dream.

It's a breath of fresh air to see a couple in love.... like really, really in love. I WONDER WHY PURE TRUE LOVE IS FEW AND FAR BETWEEN NOWADAYS?!? I mean, geez, look at the divorce rate!!!

I think I finally see a bright light at the end of this dark tunnel...
Maybe.... just maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment